We’ve partnered with Garden of Vegan, one of our favorite vegan tastemakers, to celebrate the success of our tumblr so far! For the month of December we’ll be posting original recipes featuring WestSoy deliciousness!
Tofu Vegetable Noodle Soup
Yields 2 servings.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 block firm or extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes (I recommend using WestSoy Extra-Firm Tofu)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3½ cups vegetable broth
- 3-4 medium white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed, of chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1-1½ cups uncooked rice noodles (approx.)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on a diagonal, for garnish
Combine the tofu, olive oil, garlic, and soy sauce in a shallow bowl or food storage container. Set the tofu and marinade aside while you clean, slice, and prepare all of the vegetable ingredients.
In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the tofu along with the marinade and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is golden brown.
Add the onion and celery and continue cooking until the onion appears to be transparent. Add the carrot ribbons and sliced mushrooms and cook for about 30 seconds.
Add 2½ cups of vegetable broth, turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the peas and chopped kale and boil for another 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables and noodles are tender. Add more broth if necessary.
Top with thinly sliced green onion and serve!
This soup is best served immediately after it’s made. As the soup sits the rice noodles will continue to absorb the broth. If you want to save some for leftovers, strain the broth from the soup and refrigerate them separately. Add the broth back to the soup when you reheat them, you may still find that adding extra broth is necessary.